I love ice candy especially in the summertime but I dread the the labor-intensive process of making it smooth. That’s why I am sooo excited to let you in on a little secret on how I make my ice candy.
One day, I was cleaning and checking the expired ingredients in my pantry. As I was doing so with the 2 boxes of Jell-o Instant Vanilla pudding mix, I noticed modified cornstarch as a major ingredient. I had an aha moment and immediately started experimenting with a box of fresh strawberries in the fridge. I played with the amounts of pudding to add to the mixture and my thoughts were spot on. I was able to make a fuss-free (almost instant) ice candy in no time. The hardest thing is waiting for the ice candy to harden.
Super Easy and Smooth Strawberry Ice Candy
- 4 Tablespoons Jello-O Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix*
- 2 cups fresh milk I used full fat or 3.25%
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar**
- 1 – 1.5 cups strawberries quartered and measured***
- Ice candy wrappers**** or ice pop pouch or popsicle mold bag
- In a large bowl, add the strawberries and sugar. Stir well and let stand for 5 minutes to macerate. Using a potato masher or fork, mash the berries leaving just a few chunks.
- In a large measuring cup, mix the pudding and milk. Make sure all the pudding has dissolved then pour into the strawberries. Mix well until combined. Fill an plastic ice candy wrapper 2 / 3 full and tie the end. You can also use a popsicle mold if you can’t find ice candy wrappers.
- Freeze for a few hours until rock solid. Enjoy!
[…] to make their favorite summer frozen treats. Snow cones and our super easy and smooth Ice Candy (Strawberry Ice Candy, Mango Ice Candy, Avocado Ice Candy) are at the top of their list. I always make a batch of these […]
[…] recipe is like the 5-Minute Super Smooth Avocado Ice Candy and the Super Easy and Smooth Strawberry Ice Candy. Both have the same base but slightly differ in its sugar content. I bet this is the easiest way to […]