Super Easy and Smooth Strawberry Ice Candy
Ice candy is a frozen dessert made with milk, fruit (or flavoring) and sugar. An all-year round dessert/snack in the Philippines, I usually make it here in the summertime when it’s hot and berries are abundant. Make it ahead and tuck in your cooler before heading to a picnic.
- 4 Tablespoons Jello-O Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix*
- 2 cups fresh milk I used full fat or 3.25%
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar**
- 1 - 1.5 cups strawberries quartered and measured***
- Ice candy wrappers**** or ice pop pouch or popsicle mold bag
In a large bowl, add the strawberries and sugar. Stir well and let stand for 5 minutes to macerate. Using a potato masher or fork, mash the berries leaving just a few chunks.
In a large measuring cup, mix the pudding and milk. Make sure all the pudding has dissolved then pour into the strawberries. Mix well until combined. Fill an plastic ice candy wrapper 2 / 3 full and tie the end. You can also use a popsicle mold if you can’t find ice candy wrappers.
Freeze for a few hours until rock solid. Enjoy!
* You can use up to 4 tablespoons of pudding mix if your fruit is too watery for a smoother result.
**Make it 3 tablespoons if you want it sweeter or your fruit is a little tart.
***You can replace with other fruits like ripe mango, melon, avocado. In this case, there’s no need to macerate the fruit. Just mash and add to the mixture.
****Ice candy wrappers can be purchased at Filipino stores or you can use the ice pop pouches and popsicle mold bags available at amazon.