Being a mom changed me significantly in so many ways and one of those is how I plan and prep my family’s lunches. See, I prepare 3 lunches and snacks daily for my kids ( elementary and high school) and hubby and it’s not easy. So, I always have some easy-to-make, sanity-saving items parked at the back of the fridge before Sunday ends.
This is one recipe that I try to make once in a while to give me a head start and my son likes it. He loves honey so I used it as a sweetener. This is how we want it…. cheesier, not too sweet and not too runny. But you can definitely adjust it to your liking.
Honey Cheese Pimiento
- 200g Old Cheddar Cheese, grated*
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Roasted sweet red peppers, in a jar*** (drained, seeded and finely chopped)
- 3 Tbsps honey
- 2 Tbsps softened butter or Becel
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Transfer to a lidded food container and refrigerate until needed.
- Serve with sliced bread, toasted if preferred.