This dish is very easy to make and can either be done in an oven or on the grill. You can season the fish with your favorite spices or with whatever you have in your pantry.
Broiled Milkfish (Inihaw na Bangus)
- 2 unseasoned, frozen boneless bangus (thawed) about 1.2 lbs/500 grams
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- garlic powder (to taste) optional
- vegetable or canola oil (for brushing)
- Position oven rack about 3-4 inches from the broiler. Preheat broiler.
- Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels.
- Brush both sides of Milkfish with oil. Arrange in a foil-lined cookie sheet skin side down.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder (optional).
- Broil on HIGH for 15-20 minutes or until light golden and the thickest part of the fish flakes easily.
- Serve with a Soy Sauce-Lemon dipping sauce or with the Broiled Eggplant Salad.
*** To make dipping sauce, combine 2 tbsp light soy sauce and the juice of half a lemon.