If you love coconuts, this dessert is for you. These are cute little morsels of sweet and chewy coconutty goodness that’s quick to put together. This recipe is not overly sweet so I ended up with a pile of empty wrappers in no time. That’s the disadvantage I was willing to embrace. Haha!
Dried coconut comes in different forms and textures at the supermarket. There’s the shredded, dessicated, flour and flaked. In this recipe, sweetened flaked coconut was used. Peek through the packaging and you’ll notice that it looks damp and pliable, unlike the others (shredded and dessicated) that look very dehydrated.
Let the coconut swell up a bit after mixing to make sure the flakes are evenly distributed in every single macaroon. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
- 400 g sweetened flaked coconut* see note
- 1 300 ml can condensed milk
- 3 large eggs well beaten
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil or unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Mini muffin pan
- Mini cupcake liners
- Mix all the ingredients (except the coconut) in a large bowl. Stir in the flaked coconut and mix well to combine. Let the mixture rest for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 300F. Line the pan with mini muffin cups. Fill each to the top with the mixture and bake for 30 minutes.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container.