Quick and Easy Tofu Chow Mein
Quick and easy to prepare. This vegetarian tofu chow mein is perfect for those 'no meat' days and Asian noodle dinner night. We promise, you wont miss your beef!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 lb Chinese Chow Mein noodles 454 g
- 1 package Firm or Extra Firm Tofu cut into small cubes
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 medium carrots cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1/2 of a medium cabbage sliced thinly Bokchoy or Gailan can be a substitute
- 1/4 cup Oyster flavored sauce
- Up to 1/4 cup water if noodles are too dry
- Cooking oil for frying tofu and stir frying about 1/4 cup
- Salt and pepper to taste
Rinse the noodles in warm water and drain. Set aside.
Heat a large saute pan and pour about 2 tablespoons of oil. Add tofu pieces and cook on Medium heat until light golden, turning the tofu pieces often. Set aside in a bowl.
In the same pan ( or wok ), add 1 tablespoon of oil and saute onion ( Medium heat )until softened, abt 1 minute. Add the chopped garlic followed by the vegetables. Season with a pinch ( or two ) of salt and pepper. Add the fried tofu and stir fry for 2- 3 minutes.
Add the drained noodles and the oyster sauce.
Using two wooden spoons, toss all the ingredients together until well combined. Continue tossing for a few more minutes. Turn off heat and transfer to a serving dish.