Dulce de Leche-Topped Cassava Cake
Cassave cake is a well-loved snack/dessert served in Filipino gatherings. Topping it with dulce de leche raised the yum up a bit. I used coconut water instead of coconut milk which made it lighter and tastes so good!
- 2 lbs frozen grated cassava (thawed)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 can evaporated milk (big can)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups coconut water (I used Zico brand)
- 1 can dulce de leche (transfer to a microwave safe container)
- 2 9x13" pan or disposable aluminum foil pan (6"x8"x2")
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Pick any hard fibers that you see in the grated cassava.
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients ( except the canned Dulce de Leche ) and mix well.
Divide the mixture evenly in pans.
Bake for 40-50 minutes or until cooked through . MIcrowave dulce de leche for one minute (stirring every 30 secs) or until runny. Remove the cassava cake from the oven and drizzle caramel evenly over the cake.
Put it back to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes until mixture is bubbly and sides are setting.
Remove from the oven and serve when it’s cool enough to handle.