A perfect “quarantine” meal that’s simple to prepare yet packed with flavor
Servings: 3 people
- 2 184 g solid light canned tuna well drained
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 large onion divided
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons Knorr liquid seasoning or light soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Ground black pepper according to taste
- 1 red chili finely chopped (optional)
- 1 fried egg optional
- chives or green onions garnish
Heat a large frying pan (preferably nonstick) and add 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the tuna and half of the chopped onions. Then, sprinkle garlic powder and the grated ginger. Stir carefully just to combine and cook/fry until evenly browning. Do not stir too much for faster browning and also to keep the bigger chunks intact. You can add a tablespoon more oil to encourage browning.
Add liquid seasoning, mayonnaise, lemon juice, ground black pepper, red chili (if using). Gently mix to combine the seasoning well. Add the remaining chopped onions and turn the heat off.
Transfer to a serving platter, garnish with snipped chives, some lemon slices and top with fried egg (if using).