Arroz Ala Cubana (Filipino)
A simple rice dish that’s Spanish in origin consisting of rice, egg, plantain and stir fried ground beef. It’s flavorful, very easy to put together and presents very well.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup green peas
- ¼ cup raisins
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Sliced fried plantains for serving
- Fried eggs sunny side up (for serving)
Saute onion in oil then add the garlic. Add beef, season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until the meat is no longer pink and meat juice has almost evaporated, about 5 mins.
Stir in tomato paste and soy sauce. Continue cooking until liquid has evaporated. Add green peas and raisins. Cook for 2 mins. Season with salt and ground black pepper, if needed.
Serve with fried plantains on the side and sunny side up egg on top of a mound of rice,