A typical Filipino Christmas dessert that’s sweet, creamy and bursting with young coconut flavour.
- 4-5 packs frozen young coconut thawed and well drained
- 1 796 ml cans fruit cocktail packed in water (well drained)
- 1 340 ml bottle kaong sugar palm fruit, well drained
- 1 340 ml bottle nata de coco coconut gel, well drained
- 2 170 ml cans thick cream or 1 ½ - 2 cups heavy whipping cream* see notes
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk** see notes
Place well drained young coconut (buco) strips in a large bowl. Add drained fruit cocktail, kaong and nata de coco. Pour in the cream and condensed milk. Mix very well.
Refrigerate until very cold, at least 2 hours. Serve cold.
*Heavy whipping cream is a great substitute and is always readily available. It contains 33-35% m.f. and can be found at the dairy section beside the fresh milk.
**Adjust sweetness according to your preference. You will use less if your fruit cocktail is packed in heavy syrup.